Friday, August 6, 2010

Exploration # 7 World of Color

Collect paint chips from a paint or hardware store. Find colors you respond to in the world. Attempt to match them.

I was quite surprised when I came home from my trip to gather paint chips. I would normally gravitate to bright extreme colors but as I looked at the chips spread out on my counter I noticed this was not the case. I think my choice of chips made things a little more difficult than I had imagined. I found matches the best I could but my attempts to display them were the biggest challenge. 1) One of my JUMBO coffee mugs.

color: Mayan Treasure







2) Scales
color: Malted Mint






3) Petals of one of our Sunflowers color:Gold Abundance
4) A gas can color: Fabulous Red



5) The stems of two Marigolds color: French Olive





6) Petals on a flower

color: Orange Crush





7) The "flesh" part of my kitty's tummy.

His fur was just too hard match:) color:Fairytale pink




8) Blue cup holding my colored pencils color: Skydive Blue

9) Painting on the wall color: Textured stone-Maize & Brillant Red


10) Bits of color squares on a photo album color: Hot Passion Pink





11) Stripes in material of a shirt

color: Hibiscus Pink







12) The background color of the book that started this project:) color: Early Spring

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job!!! How wonderful you found so many things to match your chips perfectly! I had to laugh about the one with your kitty's tummy (that must be one laid back cat); and amusing how you even found a chip to match the book's cover - Early spring ... I like it! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with the chips and corresponding pics! I too was laughing about the kitty...see, fur IS hard to match! And, I liked that we both used Marigolds, just the opposite parts!

    ReplyDelete