Saturday, January 22, 2011

EXPLORATION #14 SOUND MAP

Sit in a location for one hour. Document all the sounds you can hear and the times you heard them.

Today probably wasn't the best day to choose for this exploration, however, I must make the best of the time I have. Today was a rather gloomy day. It rained most of the morning and has been overcast for much of the day. I have been beyond busy with life and decided to spend my lunch hour outside at my office.


View to the left


View to the right
 I spent most of the time sitting right outside of our supply shop. I wanted to stay out of view from everyone so I would hopefully have most of my time uninterrupted.

In the background for the entire hour I could hear the hum of the pool pump motor. As the hour ticked by, I really didn't notice it so much unless I made an effort to focus on it.

***The sound of my breath as I inhaled  and exhaled to rid myself of the stress so far today.
*** The rustle of leaves as the wind blows.
*** Gravel under tires as a car drives across the construction site next door.
*** A metallic ting of one of our three pool gates close.
*** A leaf blower
*** Knock knock...who's there? A red headed wood pecker.
***A washer lid slam shut.
*** The sound of my clogs on wooden boards as I race up a ramp to escape some raindrops.
***The sound of the rain as it hits the tin roof of the supply shed.
*** A motorcycle rev its engine.
*** The sound of water dripping into a metal pie plate.
***the song "How do you like me now... by Toby Keith? coming from the pickup truck that pulled in next door.
***A car door slam.
***Men talking but I'm not able to make out the words.
*** A train whistle.
***"Meweer Meweer, hiss... the sound of a cat scuffle.
*** Air brakes from some type of large vehicle stopping.
*** A sliding screen door open.
***A rush of water from a balcony above. (watering plants perhaps)
***A mom and daughter discussing their plans for the evening.
***Keys jingle as I place them in the lock to go back to work.

1 comment:

  1. I loved all your sounds...it was like reading parts of a mystery novel,lol. I especially loved the "knock knock" of the wood pecker! Great job getting it done and fitting it into your busy life. It reminds me I need to get busy on my next one too!

    ReplyDelete